I was surrounded by software growing up and wrote my first paid website in 1999 while in high school. I broadened that in college with an engineering degree from University of Illinois and went on to do tech consulting for six years at Accenture.
For the last six years I've focused heavily on business development, strategy, and operations, as these are necessary drivers for startups. But even doing so, I have still managed to stay on top of the latest trends in technology and have kept my skills sharp.
Technical Summary from Startup Experience
IoT Connected Car Tech Founder
- Used agile methods to design, build, and deliver a complex mobile solution for Android, iPhone, that included an Azure cloud backend.
- Spearheaded the R & D and testing efforts to integrate IoT Connected Car hardware.
- Led a development team of 5 to deliver the concept to MVP, and eventually to FFP and shipping hardware.
- Tracked features, user-stories, and epics using Visual Studio Team Services.
- Implemented cutting edge tech including OBDII Bluetooth 4.0 devices, deep / app links, and social media integrations.
- Built internal and web-published reporting dashboards to analyze and showcase our data using PowerBI on top of an Azure SQL backend.
- Implemented tools for various marketing channels including SEO, mailing lists, and CRM.
Platforms and Languages
- Azure Cloud, Xamarin MVVP-Cross Architecture, OBDII Protocols & Standards (1996)
- Bluetooth Legacy 2.0, Bluetooth LE / 4.0, IEEE Mac Addresses
- PHP, HTML, CSS, Xamarin C#.Net, Azure Cloud API, SQL
- WordPress, Project Nami (Azure), PowerBI
Oracle Integration Consultant
Solution Delivery Lead & Client Coordinator
- Drove the solution definition process for a large enterprise system that included Tibco & Business Objects components, and a custom data warehouse solution.
- Coordinated workshops with Telstra, IBM, and Accenture to develop, agree and estimate the delivery approach and technical plan.
- Led the Accenture streams involved to get a detailed estimate of the work.
- Supported Telstra PM in organizing the team, gathering the costs, clarifying scope, and tracking progress of the project.
- Documented impact assessment and requirements definition deliverables.
- Developed the delivery plan which included detailed technical steps and loaded effort.
- Presented and acquired approval of final fixed price quote to client stakeholders.
- Worked in Agile sprints to flush out performance issues within workflow, forms, and 3rd party integration areas of an Oracle R12 EBS solution.
- Safely performed production environment troubleshooting to identify issues.
- Served as a liaison between business owners and IT team on data quality measures.
- Liaison between Development and Product Test team.
- Managed defect resolution metrics for the development team to forecast delivery dates and assist the product test team.
- Using innovative scorecards, presented clear progress and development accomplishments to steering committee.
- Coordinated offshore deliveries of critical path defects.
E-Business Suite Software Functional Designer & Developer
- Developed core components of the Oracle e-Business Suite 12.0.6 OM solution including the complex insurance billing engine.
- Coordinated the certification of the solution with 3rd party systems (RelayHealth, Emdeon, Omnysis).
- Automated business processes by handling many claims exceptions in the billing engine processing.
- Identified and implemented several performance enhancements to ensure quality with high volume.
- Worked with client SME's to clarify complex requirements and gather business rules.
- Authored 5 complex RICEW functional designs (1 conversion, 3 extensions, 2 interfaces) for the SCM portion of the solution (Order Management, Advanced Pricing, and Inventory)..
- Integrated solution with Oracle TeleSales/Quoting, and drove downstream processes for Oracle Receivables.
- Utilized SOA/BPEL/B2B interfaces to 3rd party PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) systems including RxClaim, RelayHealth, Omnysis, and Medco.
- Trained and developed using industry standard NCPDP 5.1 format for Rx claims transactions.
Production Support Developer
- Provided guidance and expert analysis to the main team members.
- Organized and taught knowledge transfer sessions to get team members up to speed.
- Created standard data warehouse design deliverables which were used across the team.
- Developed performance initiative prototypes.
- Designed and implemented critical fixes to the custom document management solution (DMS) under budget.
Data Warehouse Technical Designer
- Designed solution-wide load architecture to support reporting model needs.
- Developed scheduling solution using custom PL/SQL and Grid Control.
- Owned Extract-Transfer-Load (ETL) design document deliverables.
- Implemented multiple ETL designs using Oracle Warehouse Builder 10.2.
Performance Enhancement Team Lead
- Implemented a DB tracing solution to the DMS to provide analysis of SQL bottlenecks.
- Integrated DBMS_Profiler into the Portal-DMS to analyze the worst performing lines of code.
- Increased the overall Portal-DMS page rendering performance from 900 msec to under 100 msec through code enhancements alone.
Oracle Portal Developer
- Designed and developed custom document management system (DMS) solution to run on the Oracle 10g platform for the Census 2010 Portal.
- Designed swimlane and process diagrams (UML) for all DMS functionality.
- Designed Oracle Portal custom page specifications to support the DMS integration.
- Owned all DMS functional design document deliverables.
Platforms and Languages
- Oracle 10g, Oracle R12, Oracle E-Business Suite (SCM Modules), Oracle Portal
- DB Trace, ETL (data warehousing), BI Reporting